• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6N7...this configuration work ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Friends

I want use the two sections of a 6N7 as voltage amplifier in cascade.
This configuration is possible ? Work without problem?
double triode single catode.jpg

Thanks,

Aldovan

...And it is in danger of becoming a Schmitt trigger circuit. In this case the common cathode is actually positive feedback. Although the LED has a very low impedance compared to the cathodes, looking at it on a dB scale shows a problem - this amplifier will have a small hysteresis WRT input signal. I.e. it will be non-linear in a ost unwelcome fashion. If you are building a stereo amp, use one 6N7 as the first stage and another as the second stage, do not use one for both stages.

Ok, and now ?

...And it is in danger of becoming a Schmitt trigger circuit. In this case the common cathode is actually positive feedback. Although the LED has a very low impedance compared to the cathodes, looking at it on a dB scale shows a problem - this amplifier will have a small hysteresis WRT input signal. I.e. it will be non-linear in a ost unwelcome fashion. If you are building a stereo amp, use one 6N7 as the first stage and another as the second stage, do not use one for both stages.

Ok, and now, work ?
double triode single catode.jpg

Hi!

As has been mentioned before: 4,7k is way to low as a plate load resistor for the 6N7. This would give big distortion and very little gain.

You should share more details what you intend to do then you can get better advice.
How much gain do you need?
Which tube do you intend to drive?

As much as I like the 6N7 I think you will be better of with another tube. I only use it with parallel sections. The individual sections have a plate resistance of over 20k and bias current of 3mA. That's ot much to drive anything

Best regards

Thomas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.