• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Microsoft Tube Amp and Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Surface Computer Tube Amp and Speakers

Driven from the headphone jack from the Surface Computer.
The Amplifier consists of 2 EL-84 power tubes. No pre-amp required.
The desktop loudspeakers are my layout of a two-way front loaded horn.
The DC filament power supply for the power tubes is A/C regulated at 6.0 volts DC.

-g

Attachments

• Surface Amp plus Speaker.JPG
    Surface Amp plus Speaker.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
RCA-813 Stereo Surface Amp

Well, I've already have an 813 project in work... I've completed the DC filament power supplies and High Voltage power supply...I had to use a steel chassis given the weight of all the parts. Because of the filament power supply requirements, I went with 6 hand wound toroidal current transformer chokes to get the dc ripple down to a value that I could live with...

I'm sure this will only be a one time build, for my own personal use for my desktop computer inside my little office at the house...Yes, it's a big project, but I've built several other EL-34 and KT-88 projects as guitar amps and keyboard amps, so this project actually would be the next logical step.....

I'm just going to take lessons learned from the guitar amps I've built and the surface amp I built, and this time do a project for myself....

-g

Attachments

• RCA-813 Chassis.JPG
    RCA-813 Chassis.JPG
    250.6 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.