Who recognizes the chassis of this amp - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st May 2013, 03:41 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Who recognizes the chassis of this amp

Hello, I am Bert and live in the Netherlands, I did ask this question at the forum in the Netherland but I didn't got the right answere. Who can tell me what amplifier this is. The transformers, choke are made bij Thordarson. Hope you can help me,

Greetings Bert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (69.6 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (71.5 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (68.4 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (52.1 KB, 171 views)
Old 22nd May 2013, 01:19 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The 4-pin rectifer says "pre-war" to me, as Thordarson used octal rectifiers in the amps I've seen made from 1946 on. Though it's probably home built - the control marking doesn't look like a commercial product. They DID make a 1950 amp with two 6V6s, a 6SL7, and a rectifier, but it wouldn't have had two extra socket holes... List the transformer part numbers and I'll see what they fit...
Old 22nd May 2013, 01:37 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Heathkit, for comparison:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heathkit.JPG (65.2 KB, 128 views)
Old 22nd May 2013, 01:49 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Leslie:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 22nd May 2013, 05:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hello Tom, the numbers on the transformers are 6754, 49C21, T40096 end T14C70. The former owners told me, that in the missing holes two tubes 2A3 were.
Hope you can help me,

Greetings, Bert
Old 23rd May 2013, 01:11 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

T14C70 is 22 Henry, 5 mA, "tone control" choke. The others may not be catalog parts - Thordarson started with "T", used "C" in the middle for choke, "S" for output, "R" for power, "F" for filament, "D" for driver.

Hide this!Advertise here!