• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tripath TA2020 + 6N3 Tube buffer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Keep the amp 6 for the speakers and get a carstereo amp with built in active crossover for the sub.

Thats the easy way .

Despite my lack of knowledge on this area i'm still up for a challenge - I'm not sure if the easiest way is the right way, always :) A middle way should be possible anyhow, or?

My goal is still to play louder and/or improve the sound quality compared to be system as it is now :)

A setup with e.i; Sure TDA7492 Class D amp -> XTC Crossover -> AMP6.

Am I just living up to the name of a newbie, or could this work as a "middle way solution"?

Sure:
2 X 50Watt Class D Audio Amplifier - TDA7492_Special Offer_Sure Electronics' Webstore

XTC Crossover:
Passive Crossover Network Low Pass by XTC 2000Hz 4 Ohm 12nu | eBay

If you use an active crossover the 25w will be enough for mid/high.

It´s in the subwoofer you need the muscles.

Get a mono amp for the sub.

I think that if you ask around in the solid state forum they can give you some good buying advice for most bang for the buck.
Wicked. Thanks for your help... I know this is a tubes forum, but one last question and i'll leave you alone :) How many watts should i go for, for the mono amp? - Could 40W do the trick or should it be more?

Thanks again for your help..

The power needed depends on the woofer.

But something around 100w perhaps if you ran out of power with the setup you have now.

You´re very welcome to hang around here but the right subject in the right area makes it easier for other to follow and the "pros" on the subject will find it and help you faster :).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.