• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for tubes 6CL8 pentode Triode with lower output ratings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi:

I originally posted this thread on CAM but didnt have many replies.

The ones I have for my pre amp are 6cl8 tubes.

http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets/049/6/6CL8A.pdf

My pre is like this one that recently sold.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/ ... soundtech/

I want less output from the tubes as all the 6cl8 types I own have a great deal of gain.

Direct replacements are 5cl8, 9cl8 and 6cl6.

Unfortunately they are not the most refined tubes but the prices are very reasonable.

It would be nice to throw a couple handsome looking 6dj8`s in there but I know I cant do that.

Is there a general output specification i can be looking for?

Will different manufacturers have slightly different outputs as well?

Are there any other tubes you guys can think of that would produce less gain with my Pre?

I dont have a schematic and my DIY knowledge is somewhat limited hence the reason for this query.

Thanks.

I want less output from the tubes as all the 6cl8 types I own have a great deal of gain.

Are you using the phono stage, or just the CD input?

Are there any other tubes you guys can think of that would produce less gain with my Pre?

I searched for substitutes, but came up empty. It's an interesting implementation of a pretty unique tube, but not much good if you're into tube rolling.;)

jeff

6CL8(A)

Hello!
I know it's late my answer...do you still own that preamp?
I am very curious about the schematic or service manual, I ordered such tubes and have no project for them yet....but they seem very interesting tubes....maybe with the tetrode wired as triode.
Does anyone have some application ot the tube above?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.