• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Top aluminum plate from ProtoPanel.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just received mind today and I am excited to say that is of good quality.
It took two weeks to get it. I have no business relation with ProtoPanel. Just wanted to let everyone interested know that they have 50% off this month.
Software is free and similar with Front Panel Express.
Hope that who is interested and have a design ready will be able to
Take advantage of this great deal.
Best,
Radu

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 482
Initial cost was $170, 50% off $85 plus S&H $22. Cost me $107.
You can call the number on the website and talk to Amir who is the CEO and he will confirm the sale. Indeed it is not showing on their web page. The way I found the sale was google search and somehow it was a link with this advertising 50%off. I never tried Front Panel Express but for the same drawing their software(FPS) gave a price around $200.
hope this help, good luck.
Radu

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Looks good..

The only thing I would say is remember that anodizing insulates the top plate...So any earthing needs metal to metal contact...I used a dremel to remove a small section under the plate for a connection..when I had some anodizing done.

Regards
M. Gregg

Thanks for the tip Gregg. I cant wait to put it together. I'll have posted on my website, simplepleasuretubeamp.com. Today I finished the wooden enclosure, just raw. All the parts are mechanically attached to this plate, nothing to the wooden cabinet. This way can be easily removed for service.

I am said to see Proto Panel interupting manufacturing front panels. They are selling enclosures now. The last top plates that he made for me a month ago are gorgeous. He didn't sell his CNC machine yet. He might be able to take small order for a while. It is said that there are not too many options out there, or this is what I know.
Does anybody know another front panel mfg resonable priced?
Thanks,
Radu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.