• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

partial list of tubes I have

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any input on whether any of these tubes are good for anything or otherwise desirable.
3525GT, 1G3GT, 1K3, 6K6GT, 6SL7GT, 6EZ5, 1DG3, 6SN7GTB, 12D4, 12D4A, 6AX4GTB, 12SJ7 (NOS), 6N7 (NOS) , 7X7 , 3A3C (NOS), 6JE6C, 6JE6C, 1N5GT, 6X5GT,

I have a ton of other mini's I will list if anyone is interested. The majority of which are 9 pin.

Thanks gang!

Ben

There are the obvious 6SL7 & 6SN7 variants. They could always be put to use.
However, I've always wanted to put my hands on the 6N7.
This little bugger does 20mA+ of grid-current in class AB2.
I would like to :smash: it with a cathode-follower drive and see how it works out.
Push-pull in one bottle and AB2 as well. To me that's interesting.

rgds,

/tri-comp

35Z5GT - rectifier used in series heater radios
1K3, 1G3GT, 1DG3, 3A3C -TV hi-voltage rectifer
6K6GT - small power tube - good for 2W
6SL7GT, 6SN7GTB, 6N7 (NOS) dual triode for audio
6EZ5 power tube similar to 6V6
12D4, 12D4A, 6AX4GTB - TV damper (nice half-wave rectifier)
12SJ7 (NOS) pentode
7X7 radio
(NOS), 6JE6C, 6JE6C - TV horizontal sweep (and RF amplifier)
1N5GT battery radio
6X5GT rectifier

First of all, learn to read tube data sheets. Frank Philipse and TDSL are good places to get the info.

Unpaired specimens are an obvious problem, for stereo. However, you could make a decent line stage around the 6FQ7 and 12AU7, both of which are twin triodes. Use 6FQ7 sections as voltage amplifiers and 12AU7 sections as DC coupled cathode followers. These 2 types are being produced currently and likely to remain in production. You will get to pass the build on to your heirs. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.