• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

RH6550

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey All,

I've built two RH84's and really like the sound. I ran across a thread on DIY Tube about an RH6550. It doesn't seem to be on the RH website though. I've attached a schematic. Has anyone heard anything about this amp? Or built one? Does it sound as good as the RH84? The thread states its about a ten watt amp does that sound right?

Kevin

Attachments

• RH Universal.jpg
    RH Universal.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 355
Yesterday I completed an "RH-KT120". Worked fine in my test setup. When I moved it to my main system..I had created a short somewhere and a fuse blew. But this week I'll let you know from my point of view if it is worth it going to a bigger tube with this design. Initial thoughts though: Different rather than better.

Attachments

• rh_kt120.jpg
    rh_kt120.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
That is a pretty build Nice output transformers etc any more info ?
I think you are referring to the chokes :) The chokes are by Sound Carrier and are type C3. Multi-sectioned.

The output transformers are tucked under the chassis. Psu transformers and chokes received a hum band from me. Not sure if it is effective. (Amp is quiet but perhaps it would have been as quiet without them)

Power transformers are paralled and hybrid graetz bridge for 700vac. Choke input psu. (Power supply is mono)

Outputs are probably "underpowered" 78usd a pair including shipping supplied by Twin Audio (In Manufacturers sub forum).

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Yesterday I completed an "RH-KT120". Worked fine in my test setup. When I moved it to my main system..I had created a short somewhere and a fuse blew. But this week I'll let you know from my point of view if it is worth it going to a bigger tube with this design. Initial thoughts though: Different rather than better.

Did you get this working? and sort out the problem.

I noticed this,

RH Amplifiers: RH Universal v.2 – Totally Universal

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.