yaqin 100b with 2 different kt88 valves 2 are Genelex Gold Lion and 2 are Svetlena wi - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th April 2013, 02:31 PM   #1
youngie is offline youngie  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default yaqin 100b with 2 different kt88 valves 2 are Genelex Gold Lion and 2 are Svetlena wi

will this work or am i wasting my time on this way. and if they will work what would be the best bais setting for the kind regards mr la young 2 are Genelex Gold Lion and 2 are Svetlena winged C
Old 14th April 2013, 05:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

anyone lol
Old 14th April 2013, 05:28 PM   #3
hates ground loops
diyAudio Member

This should work, yes, using one pair per channel should give the best results because tubes of the same manufacturer are more likely to have similar specs.

The correct bias settings should be indicated in the schematic.
Old 14th April 2013, 06:28 PM   #4
Hi_Q is offline Hi_Q  England
diyAudio Member

Rodeodave gave the best answer. Watch those Gold Lion KT88's though. I have not used them myself but I have read many reports of premature failure but of course that could be caused by miss-use. You should bias the valves for 0.55V on the test points provided. The bias adjust controls work in reverse to what is expected, i.e. turning the control anti-clockwise INCREASES the current through the valve rather than decrease.
Old 14th April 2013, 08:05 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

ok thank you so much. so really i should get a little better sound from to different brands. i hope they are better than the stock valves i have cheers lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeodave View Post
This should work, yes, using one pair per channel should give the best results because tubes of the same manufacturer are more likely to have similar specs.

The correct bias settings should be indicated in the schematic.
Old 14th April 2013, 08:07 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

thank you for your reply so i should set both valves at 0.55v it just everywhere i read most people say run them higher because they like it the kt88 valves cheers lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Q View Post
Rodeodave gave the best answer. Watch those Gold Lion KT88's though. I have not used them myself but I have read many reports of premature failure but of course that could be caused by miss-use. You should bias the valves for 0.55V on the test points provided. The bias adjust controls work in reverse to what is expected, i.e. turning the control anti-clockwise INCREASES the current through the valve rather than decrease.
Old 16th April 2013, 07:55 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

ok i have the new valves now. i am going bias them today on the amp witch is positive and negative red or black. and also what setting should i put my mulit reader on kind regards mr young
Old 25th April 2013, 08:18 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

would a power amp be any good with the yaqin and xiaing sheng 728a pre amp to help the bass sound a bit smother.. and what valves would be good to replace in the xiang sheng 728a pre amp any idears are welcome kind regards lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngie View Post
ok i have the new valves now. i am going bias them today on the amp witch is positive and negative red or black. and also what setting should i put my mulit reader on kind regards mr young

Hide this!Advertise here!