• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help ID this tube ^&$**@# lettering!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, I'm going thru my stash trying to find pairs for outputs in SE....Found a trio of 6DQ6Bs but the internal structures are all different & getter "splotch" on one is barely there....plus, there is that "trickiness" of triode strapping these, so not these. Then there is this pair (Pictured), octal with five pins, kinda tall, cool looking, internals "match" good getter 'splotches'.....but no lettering to be found...even matching makes, green lettered GE brand..........could someone out there ID them just by the internals? I'm sure someone can as they would seem to be a particular "fingerprint" that those who know tubes VERY well can recognize.

__________________________________Thanks for looking, Rick..........

Attachments

• DSC02435_edited.jpg
    DSC02435_edited.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC02430_edited.jpg
    DSC02430_edited.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 109
I knew someone knew structures by sight, great call "Rex" ....oh well. I do have a bunch of 5U4GBs, along with those funky damper diodes..the ones with the top anode & the "cup" inside....6AX4s....but I do have one un-known that looks really cool, a six pin job with a bottle like the common 2A3/300B but smaller..........

_________________________________thanks "Rex".......Rick............

Attachments

• DSC02444.jpg
    DSC02444.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC02445.jpg
    DSC02445.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.