sunaudio 2A3 circuit...is it good for newbie? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2013, 02:09 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default sunaudio 2A3 circuit...is it good for newbie?

Hi every bodies,
I am a newbie from HongKong and is starting to build a SE amplifier using the Sunaudio 2A3 SE circuit.

However, I noted few others reporting problems relating to this circuit including 1) some doubtful values of the resistor and capacitor used. 2) high gain/ sensitivity which caused the volume to b very sensitive...a slightly turn of the vol will take the 6SN7 out if its linear operating range..etc..

Since I am one of those who still not fully manage circuit design, I am now hesitate to go ahead for the plan, would like to get some confirmation from others who had built this circuit. And others who have knowledge in this of course.

1) is this circuit really with bug? And not working well if not making modification?

2) any tested modifications to be shared?

3) I was initially thinking to do a unit with switches to alter the filament voltage and cathode resistor in order to use both 2A3 & 300B ( since Sunaudio 2a3 circuit is exactly the same as its 300B circuit with minor difference)

4) lastly, anyone would be kind enough to recommend some nice 2A3 circuit?

Thx in advance!
Old 7th April 2013, 06:43 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

You have PM.
Old 8th April 2013, 09:05 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

There must be someone out there could give me a guide!!!

Please ...!
Old 8th April 2013, 11:40 AM   #4
AJT is offline AJT  Philippines
diyAudio Moderator

the single ended tube amps are easiest to build, works the first time you power it, as long as you follow the circuit correctly...

D3a makes a fine driver(pentode with high gm), the 6SN7 is fine but nowadays there are better alternatives...
Old 8th April 2013, 03:53 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

chanwt,
I sent you a schematic SE 2A3 on PM....

Hide this!Advertise here!