Cary SLP-05 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2013, 10:59 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Cary SLP-05

Hi, anybody out there have a schematic or service manual for a Cary SLP-05 preamp.
I bought a "modified one" (different caps, rectifiers etc) and want to put it back as it should be or was. I did get it cheap so not a disaster
Also I want to check the internal pot settings. I assume that these are bias pots, but have no info as to how to set them.
I have also removed the headphone amp as I do not use it and don't want to burn valves unnecessarily.
Cary say you can run without the headphone valves /tubes though it concerns me that B+ voltage rises.
I would like to run it with just the four essential tubes but the lack of voltage regulation would seem to be a problem.
The other two tubes are just for the differential input which I do not use.
Would Cary will supply me with one ?, for a charge of course. Has anybody purchased a service manual for a current Cary product.
(I am a high voltage generator engineer and am aware of the risks)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0126.jpg (318.8 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0125.jpg (282.3 KB, 83 views)
Old 7th April 2013, 09:33 AM   #2
HpW is offline HpW  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlarkin View Post
Hi, anybody out there have a schematic or service manual for a Cary SLP-05 preamp.
They will not provide any circuit / schematic of any equipment currently in production! This was the answer, while I liked to upgrade my SLM-100 to a symmetric input.

hp
Old 7th April 2013, 12:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I thought that would be the case, I think they are only available to authorised service agents.

Hide this!Advertise here!