Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Amplifier circuit from tube radio
Amplifier circuit from tube radio
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th April 2013, 05:20 AM   #11
london is offline london  Canada
diyAudio Member

just searched internet for 6v6 power amp prints. Found one below.
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/t...Stereo_6V6.gif
I dont understand why the two channel schematics are slightly differently between each other.

also found that filament of 12ax7 are shorted out according the schematics or I might be wrong.

In that schematics can I substitute the power supply part with the one that found on Viking 51-102.

The voltage for the one above is 300 for b+ and might be higher for b++, and the one on 51-102 is only 280V. what is the difference?
Old 10th April 2013, 05:37 AM   #12
london is offline london  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfengineer2013 View Post
The comment on using the existing phono connector was to not really change anything at all. Just replace the electrolytic and paper caps, add the 3-wire line cord and use the radio as-is. The selector switch on the radio probably has an "Aux" or "Phono" input that switches the external audio input through the existing audio amp circuit.

If you decide to do a rebuild (which doesn't seem necessary), then my suggestion would be to tap into the 6SN7 gain/phase-splitter stage and not use the rest of the audio path.

As far as the power transformer goes, I couldn't say whether it is sufficient to power a second audio channel. If you convert the output to single-ended, possibly. Unlikely if the transformer has enough margin to add a second PP output stage.

Adding a second channel to this is really into the area of Major Changes, not a trivial task at all. Lots of good designs here and on the web if you want to search around - but at that point you're possibly better off selling the Viking as an "antique" and using the money to buy something new and appropriate for your needs.

I thought about selling the viking. I got it for just 20 dollars because it has a sparking 1 6v6 and 5y3. I replaced them and the radio working fine after.
selling this thing is not easy task in Calgary. However, everything is expensive in Canada compared in US. If I bought a amp kit. it will cost me fortune plus shipping. So it will be better to use those parts and build a new amp from scratch( new chassis).

Amplifier circuit from tube radioHide this!Advertise here!