• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

1955 Hammond Organ Tube Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Early models had a field coil later models did not. 1955 could be either one. If its got a field coil speaker you will need use it or modify the power supply as the field coil acts as a choke on the B+ line. If you have 4 wires going to the speaker its a field coil, 2 wires is not.

Hi Torren61,

if you'll ideed decide to cannibalize your beautiful organ, I'd declare interest in some parts of it. Please have a look at the schematics. These parts are the three small transformers in the percussion section, called T4, T5, T6, the complete expression control box, located between the intermediate and the output amplifier, the vibrato phase shift line, the vibrato scanner and both arrays of tablet switches. You don't need these parts for a guitar amp project, and I'd be very thankful if you'd let them for me.

Best regards, Uwe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.