Rectifier ID - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2013, 09:16 AM   #1
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default Rectifier ID

Please help me identify this 3 pin rectifier

Click the image to open in full size.

  Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 11:25 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Near Eindhoven, the sanctum of the pentode. and among that other things.
Send a message via Skype™ to v4lve lover
those anodes could be anything, they remind me vaguely of the Philips 506 or a American made type 80 rectifier. The three holes suggest its the internals of a "80"

judging by the fact that it has 3 pins, it seems to me this tube was made as a stop gap for a discontinued single wave rectifier.

you should test it. and see if it has half the forward anode voltage drop of a 80 to determine

cheers, Valve.
  Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2013, 08:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Thanks for opinion and good starting point!!!
  Reply With Quote


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bridge Rectifier ID techcon Everything Else 2 13th January 2013 10:48 PM
5C8S rectifier psud2 modle/rectifier information ryuji Tubes / Valves 1 14th March 2011 04:54 PM
converting tube rectifier to solid state rectifier. tubo Tubes / Valves 26 24th December 2009 12:12 AM
Please help ID this rectifier: martioz Tubes / Valves 4 27th June 2006 04:31 PM
Anybody heard about Tarzian Silicon Rectifier for Tube Rectifier Replacement? zxx123 Tubes / Valves 4 21st February 2005 04:02 AM

New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:12 AM.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2017 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2