diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Where to get Vacuum Tube Valley magazine? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/233010-where-get-vacuum-tube-valley-magazine.html)

lhgin 29th March 2013 01:50 AM

Where to get Vacuum Tube Valley magazine?

Hi guys,

I've read 3-4 copies of the VTV magazine borrowed from a friend and I simply love it, especially on the tubes review sections. I wanted to get the whole set as collection but too bad I found that VTV is already out of print and nowhere to be seen available. I checked eBay and none as well. :(

If you guys have the source, please let me know. ;) I've been offered photocopies of the magazine by someone local for U$9 a copy that I'm seriously considering if I cannot find the originals.

Vacuum Tube Valley Magazine

Thanks!
Ken

rfengineer2013 29th March 2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhgin (Post 3432141)
Hi guys,

I've read 3-4 copies of the VTV magazine borrowed from a friend and I simply love it, especially on the tubes review sections. I wanted to get the whole set as collection but too bad I found that VTV is already out of print and nowhere to be seen available. I checked eBay and none as well. :(

If you guys have the source, please let me know. ;) I've been offered photocopies of the magazine by someone local for U$9 a copy that I'm seriously considering if I cannot find the originals.

Thanks!
Ken

Tubedepot.com has the copies of issues 1 thru 20 for sale. Looks like actual magazines - haven't read any, but sounds interesting.

Good hunting! :cool:

~ Sam

lhgin 29th March 2013 02:05 PM

Sam,

Tubedepot lists out all the issues but are all out of print. :(

argus 29th March 2013 03:11 PM

Hi, guys,

Recently all 20 VTV issues are available here:

Pioneering Wireless (Radio) - eMagazines

Best regards and happy Easter :)

CarlyBoy 29th March 2013 04:23 PM

argus, that is a fantastic resource. My favourite audio magazine. Nice heavy paper, beautifully drawn schematics, great sketches and pictures and top notch writing. These get treated with kid gloves at my house. Charlie (et al), ya did it right. Now if only Glass Audio was also available as PDFs. Some of my issues are getting rather ratty..

rfengineer2013 29th March 2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhgin (Post 3432713)
Sam,

Tubedepot lists out all the issues but are all out of print. :(

Oops... Sorry about that, 1hgin :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by argus (Post 3432829)
Hi, guys,

Recently all 20 VTV issues are available here:

Pioneering Wireless (Radio) - eMagazines

Best regards and happy Easter :)

Thanks, argus! Excellent resource, the site also has some older books (pre-1960) that might be of interest! :cool:

~ Sam

jpak 29th March 2013 05:03 PM

Thanks argus, this will make for some good ipad reading :yummy:

MeTarzan 29th March 2013 05:12 PM

Does anyone know where VTV was based out of? I used to work at a printing company in Austin during the 90's and we printed a small tube audio magazine and I would almost swear it was VTV. I know I have at least a couple issues of whatever it was squirreled away somewhere... I thought the cover was color though.. Hmm. Great link.

tubelab.com 29th March 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know where VTV was based out of?
The story that used to be on their web site said "just outside silicon valley", hence the name.

CV6045 29th March 2013 06:15 PM

VTV

Yes its a real shame that VTV went out of print, it was a great read. The reason it did was because the Editor and Owner of the Magazine Charles Kittleson died 2 or 3 years ago. What is a real pity is that no one had the interest to keep it going. That said I think CK was the main driving force behind it and it was he alone that made it so good. I think The Parts Connexion have some back issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhgin (Post 3432141)
Hi guys,

Thanks!
Ken