• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Where to get Vacuum Tube Valley magazine?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry to hear of how the VTV and Kittleson era ended. If some in the hobby had only known of his plight, maybe something could have been done to help. An interesting tube revival era started there.

Did any of the VTV issues deal with TV horizontal sweep tubes? I remember an issue about vertical sweep tubes.

I seem to recall that it was issue 12.. Those amps now live in Maine where they get a lot of use I'm happy to say. :D

I remember it clearly! What a great article! I have all original Sound Practice and VTV mags from that era - it was the best of times! Oh, and Handwound transformers - wow, what a nasty rep that guy has now! I bought two "Dynaco ST-70" power transformers from him. Got them both, eventually, neither FIT the St-70 chassis opening. He said, well, lots of different transformers used in ST-70's you must have had some odd ones. Right.

Glad to see they've made it over to World Radio History, because many of the sites where the issues were previous posted were somewhat tenuous at best. The Wayback Machine links are apparently still good, but the magazine truly deserves a more prominent site. Thanks for the tip - and the workaround! Hopefully they'll get the hotlinks fixed soon.

Alas, I learned of VTV too late to acquire one of those T-shirts... :(

Earlier this year I got into a vicious bidding war on an auction selling all the VTV issues on paper, originals. Along with all the Glass Audio issues as well. I didn't win the auction but I did run up the price pretty high on the other guy. Nice to know I can get VTV on PDF.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.