• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Wiring an LED strip into an amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking at the schematics there probably is a low voltage supply capable of running a string of LED's but it is not 12V.
If you are asking these sorts of questions I suspect that you should not be messing around with the internals of a valve amplifier. The voltages inside are more dangerous than the mains supply.
I suggest you start with a 12V DC supply and a handful of LED's and learn how to wire them up.
Each red led will drop about 1.8Volts so a 12Volt supply can take a sting of LED's wired in series You can use up to 6 red LED's in series with a single resistor for 12V
Other colour LED's take more volts, They are all different!
For more LED's you need to add another string of LED's with another resistor.
If you buy some LED's they will have a voltage drop and current spec.
You can use this information with the voltage of the supply to calculate the resistors that you will need.
I found this LED array calculator very useful.
LED series parallel array wizard
The calculator can generate a wiring diagram based on what parts you want to use.
I used the calculator recently to help design a LED stop, tail light for a motorbike and it works well.
I bought all the components I needed on ebay - they are inexpensive to buy.
Have fun and be safe!

zdroje svetla - pásy led > optoelektronika a svetelné zdroje // Transfer Multisort Elektronik - On-line katalóg | Viac ako 100 000 produktov v ponuke
yes they are 12v, also the supplies are made for 12v.
some are naked or coated in gel
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.