Need help identifying this amplifier. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th March 2013, 07:16 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Need help identifying this amplifier.

I found this Amp under a pile of rotting TV's the transformer tests good but I want to find another just like it for a matched pair. The tubes it took were a pair of 6k6 outputs, a 6SQ7, a 6SJ7, 6X5GT, 5U4GT. the amplifier chasis has the number 14D56-1 stamped in the upper righthand corner. The transformer is stamped 80B17 under that is stamped 549. I attached a picture, the main thing that makes this one different looking is the choke mounted 45 degrees from the trans. I am almost positive that this amp came from a console. It had a radio plugged into it, and a RCA labled phono. It was full of bumblebee caps if that gives any indication of its age. Any info as to the brand or model of console that this came in would be much appreciated. pic soon to follow...
Old 26th March 2013, 07:21 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

unknown6k6amphelp!!! - My Photo Gallery

should take you to the picture
Old 26th March 2013, 08:52 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

RCA had a similar numbering systems on thier chassis, however Admiral labled thier parts like this.

this really reminds me of the old admiral 20B1

and I found a sam's link online its got to be 1949'ish since the sams number is 77: http://www.earlytelevision.org/pdf/A...A1_Sams_77.pdf

on page 27 there's a picture that looks familiar
Old 27th March 2013, 12:08 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

thats the one thanks. I have never heard of Admiral, I searched fro RCA and every other manufacturer i could think of...

Hide this!Advertise here!