• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Can anyone identify this valve / tube?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

I have a few of these found at the bottom of a mixed batch of valves and have no idea what they are:confused:

Cheers

Attachments

• Valve .jpg
    Valve .jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 273
I have spent the last 5 years sorting through 41 large boxes that contained a total of about 100,000 loose unboxed tubes. I didn't count them all, just one box. I sorted each box by size, tossing all the broken ones. Then by number of pins, then unique features, and so on until they were mostly all sorted.

I found a few that looked like yours and they were all 6360's. The square cutouts on the beam plates were the unique feature that I sorted by. There could be some other tubes that have this feature, but they weren't in my collection.

Hi Peter, just looked over the other 3 and I can see a very faint QQ on one of the valves so they my well be QQVO3-10's

How's the weather? I used to visit Chippenham with work and my father lives in Calne.

Thanks

Sunny today, but has been very cold and very wet. The cold I don't mind but the persistent rain is miserable.

Attached a couple of amp pics, one a completed project the other EL95 push pull x 8 still in development... (See the thread in the forum listing "EL95 push pull"

Where do you live now?

P.

Attachments

• amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 6005W.jpg
    6005W.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 111
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.