• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OMG just scored a huge lot of Nos/Nib tube lot for $20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm having a seizure over here, just massive lot of killer tubes so far everyone works too, like 3 Mullard I63/I65 Blackburn codes, they were stuck in the box, don't think they ever been out....like 4 Rca grey 12ax7s, 1 Amperex BB, like 5 sylvania/phillips ECGs. 2 GE 6550s, 2 RCA 6l6gc, 2 Sylvania 6l6GC, 2 Sylvania black-plate coin base 6v6GTAs, Raytheon, 6v6........ 2 sylvania 7591s, 2 RCA black-plate 12AU7s, 3 GE 12AT7s, **** load of Sylvania/Tung-sol rectifier tubes 5U4... 6f6/6w6/ man its just all kind of ****. All won in an Auction, unbelievable lol. Anybody hunting for some tubes? lol

pluged in a few of the black-plate RCA 12AU7s....another OMG moment lol, amazing 3D depth/harmonics. And I'm still sorting through all these tubes, I found a few Amperex 12AU7s bet they are nice too lol. I'm right though I have tried the RCA short grey plates before and they are nice and all but every time I swapp 1 out with a Mullard or a Amperex its just like OMG, more warmth and stunning smoothness/harmonics.

yeah was messing around rolling tubes in the stealth its front end is kinda blackfacish, tried a few Blackburn mullards and a Amperex it was nice of course, then I found a GE 12AT7, a 12AY7 and OMG really made the stealth come alive never played around with GEs much but no wonder they were in Blackface preamps alot lol. This really bloomy open Harmonic zing, yet really tight at the same time, I like them more I think. I know lots guys don't like the GEs why not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.