• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tubecad SE Amp Cad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to contact Broskie at Glassware, in order to purchase the Amp Cad/SE Amp cad software. The Yahoo store appears to have broken links for this software and Antique Electronic Supply (the sole distributor) cannot obtain the product. I've sent a number of emails to Tubecad/Glassware in the last month with no response yet, leading me to believe that they are not getting through. Any help/insight on how to obtain this software will be appreciated.

The last that I had heard was that tube cad cannot run on a 64bit machine. Is this still true? Has anyone tried it using something like vmware or the oracle vm hosting software running Windows xp under Windows 7? I really would like to get tube cad as well, but run 64bit.

Hopefully someone has had success with this.

The last that I had heard was that tube cad cannot run on a 64bit machine. Is this still true? Has anyone tried it using something like vmware or the oracle vm hosting software running Windows xp under Windows 7? I really would like to get tube cad as well, but run 64bit.

Hopefully someone has had success with this.

That is correct, will not run on Win7 64Bit. I'm guessing he has not updated his tools (Delphi or C++Builder I'm guessing) that he has used to build it. I have it on an old winXP box. I had tried some of the compatibility modes and options on Win7 but could not get it working. Might just jump on Ebay and get an old laptop with XP on it and be done until he updates it.

And yes you never know when he will respond, I'm guessing he is always swamped with work that keeps him busy but never can tell.

Sandy

SandyG - if you are running Windows 7 Professional, it comes with an XP emulator mode that you can start to run 32-bit programs. Unfortunately, this mode is only available with the Professional (or higher) grades.

Otherwise, you might be better off with the plan to pick up an "old" XP laptop for a song.

~ Sam

SandyG - if you are running Windows 7 Professional, it comes with an XP emulator mode that you can start to run 32-bit programs. Unfortunately, this mode is only available with the Professional (or higher) grades.

Otherwise, you might be better off with the plan to pick up an "old" XP laptop for a song.

~ Sam

I think I tried that option as I do have W7Pro but still didn't work. I'm expecting he used very old software tools to build it with and the libraries he has are not compatible at some level. As I said he likely used an older version of Delphi/C++ builder and having some familiarity with those tools (I worked for Borland/Inprise the software tools company) they became costly to update from a end user perspective and only last year did they offer a 64Bit compiler. The newer tools worked fine as a 32bit app on 64bit systems but not all the components (My guess the reporting and charting packages) are the ones that may be problematic but who knows.

I just run it on another XP box and it's fine, would be nice for the update at some point.

One thing to note is that I don't have the SE version I have just about everything else. The Tube Parts Database software does work on W7 64, just not TubeCad.

This isn't really a BGates issue more then just old old software being sold.

Sandy

Last edited:
No reason to blame MS!!
SE Amp CAD runs perfectly on my Win7 Pro x64 in XP mode.

This software was written 15 years ago, is obsolete and long overdue for an update. It would take very little time and effort to adapt and recompile it with a modern technology, but Broskie seems too busy to do it.......

No reason to blame MS!!
SE Amp CAD runs perfectly on my Win7 Pro x64 in XP mode.

This software was written 15 years ago, is obsolete and long overdue for an update. It would take very little time and effort to adapt and recompile it with a modern technology, but Broskie seems too busy to do it.......

Thanks for this, I'm going to give it another shot to see if I can get it working again as I may have had some setting that caused problems.

Sandy

this is funny.. i came in here to ask if anyone knows whats going on with glass-ware and broskie and i find this thread..

i ordred one of his pcb (with all parts included..) about a week and a half ago and got no response ever since. the money has been payed of course.

i also sent him 5 emails ever since to any of the three email boxes i could find of his, i also used two different emails of my own just to make sure im not being moved to spam - and still nothing.

anyone has any link or contact with john broskie outside those emails?

i also sent him 5 emails ever since to any of the three email boxes i could find of his, i also used two different emails of my own just to make sure im not being moved to spam - and still nothing.

Given how many emails he says that he gets, have you followed the guidelines on his website regarding emailing him to ensure that your emails don't automatically get filtered out? Link here... http://www.tubecad.com/ContactInfo.htm

http://www.tubecad.com/ContactInfo.htm

I am sure he is, just wish he made it a little easier/simpler for people to hand over their money... that's all!

It's a problem I run into more and more in stores these days, Musical. One of my favorite rants...

Still, Mr. Broskie does this in his spare time - he is very up front about that. And like many of us he is probably struggling with RL these days - job, family, etc. He is a one-man operation, doing it all from design through manufacturing and shipping.

Not to apologize for Mr. Broskie, but when I deal with small-operations like he runs I generally cut them a LOT of slack. Of course, several weeks with no word on the order would start pushing my buttons, too...

I have also tried contacting him (via eMail) as the online sources for his programs are showing out-of-stock. No response so far.

Just hoping things are OK with him, if so then he will deliver eventually.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.