• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Please clear this up 805 or pcl805

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are they the same valve, pcl-805 or 805, because a freind of mine is being charged $300.00 Australian for a blown Chinese 805 in his set monoblock.
I said i`m shure their cheaper than that and did a search for 805 and their all below $50us down to $10us, then i did a search for PCL805 and again with some even getting to $12aus.
I think he`s being ripped off, the guy imports these from China in kit form monoblocks they look the goods with interstage tranies and chokes big driver can`t remember if it was a 300b or a el34 but they look great and have a built in meter in the front, can`nt remember the Chinese company on the box, but something very Chinese sounding like Lucky Amps or something.
Does anyone know, i remember a Canadian firm also build them and calling them their own name.

One practical point; if you decide to import a replacement tube, make sure you get it from a reputable dealer, who knows how to pack properly, and get it sent airmail. Like most big tubes, the 805 has a very long filament that can easily be broken in transit. So, packed right, be prepared for a very bulky package (and high postage).

Have you tried David Crittle at Retrovox? Australia's best tube dealer IMO and he knows how to pack/ship.

There are also likely to be a ton of NOS US/UK 805's out there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.