KT66 power tube amplifier - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2013, 01:19 AM   #1
jazzlap is offline jazzlap  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default KT66 power tube amplifier

I everyone,

I have a new project in my head for the next weeks. I'm planing the construction of a power tubes amplifier using the KT66 power beam tetrode as a push pull output.

Does anybody can give me his opinion about this tube? What should I expect. What is your experience with this tube?

Thanks
Old 21st March 2013, 09:01 AM   #2
mrnik0 is offline mrnik0  France
diyAudio Member

Default KT66 power tube amplifier

There are lots of famous amps that use the KT66 as output tubes Quad II, probably the most famous! Heathkit W-5M, and many others, you just have to do a quick search on google to get loads of schematics. The tube is very similar to the 6L6 as well! I am rebuilding my Heathkits at the moment as they were all pitted, and had condos that where 50 odd years old. They are great tubes with the old GEC's reaching astronomical prices, but there are some very good new issue tubes. For the sound well that is a good question! so many variables. I like them with classical music and jazz. But it all depends on your setup!
Old 21st March 2013, 10:05 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

if you put this thread in the tube forum, you might get more help
Old 21st March 2013, 10:14 AM   #4
tinitus is offline tinitus  Europe
diyAudio Moderator R.I.P.

thread moved

Hide this!Advertise here!