• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT66 power tube amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I everyone,

I have a new project in my head for the next weeks. I'm planing the construction of a power tubes amplifier using the KT66 power beam tetrode as a push pull output.

Does anybody can give me his opinion about this tube? What should I expect. What is your experience with this tube?

Thanks

There are lots of famous amps that use the KT66 as output tubes Quad II, probably the most famous! Heathkit W-5M, and many others, you just have to do a quick search on google to get loads of schematics. The tube is very similar to the 6L6 as well! I am rebuilding my Heathkits at the moment as they were all pitted, and had condos that where 50 odd years old. They are great tubes with the old GEC's reaching astronomical prices, but there are some very good new issue tubes. For the sound well that is a good question! so many variables. I like them with classical music and jazz. But it all depends on your setup!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.