• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

ecc82 5687 preamp! audionote

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

can I sub 6sn7 in place of ecc82 in this schematic? i have this as outputstage in my dac and it sounds very good, but i have plenty of 6sn7's id like to use. do i need to change the plate and kathode resistors of the ecc82s to accommodate the 6sn7's? the b+ voltage is 260v

thanks fellas

Attachments

• m9_sa_82_5687.jpg
    m9_sa_82_5687.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 541
Your schematic doesn't include any voltages, so it is hard to give an exact answer, but I would go with the same value resistors as drawn and shoot for a voltage on the 6SN7 plate of about 150V with a current of 6mA. You will need a supply of about 385V to achieve that operating point and you may need to increase or decrease the cathode resistor to dial in the voltage and current through the tube. Reducing the value of Rp will increase harmonic distortion.

Your schematic doesn't include any voltages, so it is hard to give an exact answer, but I would go with the same value resistors as drawn and shoot for a voltage on the 6SN7 plate of about 150V with a current of 6mA. You will need a supply of about 385V to achieve that operating point and you may need to increase or decrease the cathode resistor to dial in the voltage and current through the tube. Reducing the value of Rp will increase harmonic distortion.

hello,

B+ is 260v and is common to both stages!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.