• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Triode for 60V

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Guys,

I'm new to the subject so forgive me if I'm asking something trivial or unusual. I'd need a tube for a PWM project that could switch 1us pulses/1ms delay with <25ns rise and fall time at 60V. I don't know what current triodes can carry but I'd like to put through 5A or more.

Is that possible with tubes? If so, what model can do that?

Thanks in advance

Hello Guys,

I'm new to the subject so forgive me if I'm asking something trivial or unusual. I'd need a tube for a PWM project that could switch 1us pulses/1ms delay with <25ns rise and fall time at 60V. I don't know what current triodes can carry but I'd like to put through 5A or more.

Thanks in advance

No. Tubes typically operate at mA levels.

I don't know what current triodes can carry but I'd like to put through 5A or more.
Forget it.

This would be a DIY vacuum tube project I'd like to build for comparison with an equivalent solid state solution. The solid state circuitry has already been built with a fast IGBT and 9A peek current gate driver.
Well, you already know the answer for that comparison: SS rules.

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance

The voltage is quite low and the current quite high for tubes. Still, you could try transmitter tubes or indeed paralleled line output tubes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.