Audio Magazine - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2013, 01:13 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audio Magazine

Has anyone put Audio magazine on CD and made it available? I'd buy all of them from 1947 till it's 2000 demise if I could get it.
Old 27th February 2013, 01:55 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUBESMAN View Post
I'd buy all of them from 1947 till it's 2000 demise if I could get it.
You would be wasting a good amount of money. With the exception of the Fall Annual Product Review issues, everything after about 1980 was pretty much useless. No schematics and few technical articles. And with reviewers like Leonard Feldman telling us that all amplifiers sound the same, and any manufacturers that advertised in the magazine always getting a good review, They were a far cry from the good old days. No more Q&A columns either. The only exception was perhaps Bascom King who would at least give a technical description of the circuit. IMO, only the ones from the 1950's and 60's were worth saving.
Old 27th February 2013, 02:02 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I learned a good deal from some of the articles in Audio in the mid-late 70's, including the circuit breakdowns of products under review. The construction projects were cool, too, with several neat circuits from Pass and Leach. One of my longest-running amps (built in 1979) was based on a Leach circuit garnered from Audio.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:29 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Well, i do remember a lot of good info in it when I had my sub in the 70s. And I see articles from earlier time that are used as reference. I'd still like an electronic copy.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:41 AM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

The Dick Heyser speaker reviews alone were worth the cost of admission. Ed Long's analyses of LP systems were likewise excellent.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:44 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Soooo, nobody has made them into a CD? Pity.

Hide this!Advertise here!