Re-caping Cayin A70-T - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th February 2013, 02:15 AM   #1
kinku is offline kinku  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re-caping Cayin A70-T

Hi,
I have a Cayin A70-T(manual biased) that I am planning to recap,mainly at the pre amp section.
It comes with REALCAPS(not REL) as coupling capacitors in the preamp section. I have not heard about these caps before. As such I really like this amp but I believe more can be achieved with changing coupling Capacitors....
It also has one Nichicon VX(M) caps in the preamp section.Not sure what it is doing there? Please see the pictures attached.I am awaiting your suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000863.jpg (1,006.5 KB, 48 views)
Old 16th February 2013, 12:04 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have no idea what "REALCAPS" are, but I don't see what's wrong with them.
They look like typical film/film caps to me. Most likely from a major company running a small batch under customer-specified brand name.

If you would like to change caps, why not replace the electrolytics with 105C rated ones. Especially at places where they are exposed to heat. This might give more reliability if the chassis get quite warm. How hot do these resistors get that are next to the electrolytics?

Otherwise the caps look quite ok to me.

Cheers,
Martin
Old 16th February 2013, 12:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Get the schematic of the circuit as it would help in identifying some of the design behind this amp and greatly assist in figuring out the component values.
Old 16th February 2013, 01:45 PM   #4
kinku is offline kinku  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks.Cayin will not allow anyone to see the schematic (may be worried about copying in china itself).
I am thinking of electrolytics too.There is no problem now either. It is just that audiophile itch to make things better.
There are a gizzillion metal film and teflons out there. So just a thought to try to change them out. No idea about the temp in resistors.Sorry ,but perhaps a higher temp audio quality one, in pre-amp circuit may not hurt,rt?

Last edited by kinku; 16th February 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!