• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Re-caping Cayin A70-T

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I have a Cayin A70-T(manual biased) that I am planning to recap,mainly at the pre amp section.
It comes with REALCAPS(not REL) as coupling capacitors in the preamp section. I have not heard about these caps before. As such I really like this amp but I believe more can be achieved with changing coupling Capacitors:)....
It also has one Nichicon VX(M) caps in the preamp section.Not sure what it is doing there? Please see the pictures attached.I am awaiting your suggestions.:cool:

Attachments

• P1000863.jpg
    P1000863.jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 108
I have no idea what "REALCAPS" are, but I don't see what's wrong with them.
They look like typical film/film caps to me. Most likely from a major company running a small batch under customer-specified brand name.

If you would like to change caps, why not replace the electrolytics with 105°C rated ones. Especially at places where they are exposed to heat. This might give more reliability if the chassis get quite warm. How hot do these resistors get that are next to the electrolytics?

Otherwise the caps look quite ok to me.
:confused:
Cheers,
Martin

Thanks.Cayin will not allow anyone to see the schematic (may be worried about copying in china itself).
I am thinking of electrolytics too.There is no problem now either. It is just that audiophile itch to make things better.
There are a gizzillion metal film and teflons out there. So just a thought to try to change them out. No idea about the temp in resistors.Sorry ,but perhaps a higher temp audio quality one, in pre-amp circuit may not hurt,rt?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.