• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Got some 6n3c-e (6p3s-e)with blank bulb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got myself some NOS NIB 5881 6n3c-E big bulb 6L6GC vacuum tubes... they are blank??? Generic??? Nothing written on them. The guy who sold them to me said they are from Russia ( like the 6p3s-e) They are coin base etc... they are mathed quad '48' written on the box. Any info on those???

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!iYE-esN4ntRBP5yt)T(gg~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqZ,!iYE-esN4ntRBP5yt)T(gg~~60_12.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 206
I have used those a lot. Just refer to the specifications of 5881, not 6L6GC.
In my constructions - UL - the supply voltage has been 450 V, Raa 6k6 and output power some 30...35 W. Typical optimum quiescent cathode current is some 46...50 mA.
I have had no problems at all.

Yes, just one ring shaped getter holder. :confused: I've only seen them with two holders in the form of small plates and, I mean, I've seen hundreds of these.. (at some point I had around 3000 from the mid '80's)
Besides, the the glass envelope of the tube in your picture on the right doesn't look straight.
Maybe they're rejects?

Maybe they are rejets... they do look straight here :eek: I don't know... anyway, I did see that the Electro Harmonix 6L6 has the same getter as mine... strange...I will post a pic of it...look..

Attachments

• 6l6.jpg
    6l6.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 100
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.