• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

KT120 triode operation single stage amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi i need consulting to projecta serious curious ampo

input: one for 10 times transformer lundhasl, one kt 120 triode cathoiode bypass poliproylene, output transformer lundhal about 3 k ohm.
Chocke inductive PSU with poly caps 100 microF for channel.
Power transformer: one for 400 VA.
Expedcted 15 w class A2, with damping factoer of about 4.
cabinet : tin search of aggod one for a few bucks , if yopu know one pleas e tell me,

do you think it casn be work?
thanks to all expert for precious suggestion .

by , inertial

wouldn't there be a limit to how hard you can drive a low signal input/step up trafo
Yes. But depending on his setup it could be usable. For instance. Kees Soeters uses a Lundahl 1:8 stepup in his 300b amplifier.

Burmester or something preamp with low output impedance -> 1:8 transformer -> 27 -> 300b. And that works fine.

The KT120 is easier to drive than a 300b. So it might just work.

It's a Pentode, but OP want to use it as triode , aniway triode = less gain , so I don't know if a x10 x Former (model not mentioned ) woul be enough to drive a Kt120 at full , and yes you need a good preamp to drive a step up transformer , something able to drive a 600 ohm load ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.