10M45S problem - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2013, 10:56 PM   #31
diyAudio Member
 
scott17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: JFK
Yes, that sure is shown as a 100R. That's what I'm using now. Thanks for the article.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jackinnj View Post
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 11:02 PM   #32
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
scott17,

I am thinking of using the current source in the same position as yours(the driving tube is a triode not a pentode like yours), do you use a heat sink on the 10M45? I am using about 2-3 mA though this IC and about 150V across it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 11:12 PM   #33
diyAudio Member
 
scott17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: JFK
Yes, I did use a heat sink. I'm not sure that it needs one at that current, but I erred on the side of safety anyway. I just cut a chunk off of an old CPU heat sink and tapped and threaded it. You can see them in this photo.

Don't be blinded by the LED bias circuit though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
scott17,

I am thinking of using the current source in the same position as yours(the driving tube is a triode not a pentode like yours), do you use a heat sink on the 10M45? I am using about 2-3 mA though this IC and about 150V across it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000862.JPG (312.0 KB, 121 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 11:21 PM   #34
diyAudio Member
 
scott17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: JFK
One more thing. Don't forget that the heat sink will have the B+ voltage on it. So be careful.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 01:14 AM   #35
ttan98 is offline ttan98  Australia
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Melb
Scott17,

Thanks for info and warning. From your cct diagram, is the 100ohm and 1kohm positions interchange, i.e. your current cct diagram is incorrect.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 01:31 AM   #36
popilin is offline popilin  Argentina
diyAudio Member
 
popilin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Traslasierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott17 View Post
One more thing. Don't forget that the heat sink will have the B+ voltage on it. So be careful.
Since dissipation is small, no problem to isolate the device from heatsink with insulating washers.

Believe me, the temptation to touch a heatsink, is always stronger than our memory, and on your assembly would be a little dangerous.
__________________
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allan Poe
He has the most who is most content with the least. - Diogenes of Sinope
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 01:38 AM   #37
diyAudio Member
 
scott17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: JFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttan98 View Post
Scott17,

Thanks for info and warning. From your cct diagram, is the 100ohm and 1kohm positions interchange, i.e. your current cct diagram is incorrect.
The drawing shown at post #20 is how it is now connected. 100R for the gate stopper, and 1K for the current set. The 1K is based on the calculation from the data sheet, and in my case it is correct and gives the correct voltage drop for my required current. The diagram is correct.

Last edited by scott17; 7th February 2013 at 01:44 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2013, 01:41 AM   #38
diyAudio Member
 
scott17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: JFK
Quote:
Originally Posted by popilin View Post
Since dissipation is small, no problem to isolate the device from heatsink with insulating washers.

Believe me, the temptation to touch a heatsink, is always stronger than our memory, and on your assembly would be a little dangerous.
Well, my memory must be better than yours then. I know not to touch it when it is on, and I can remember not to. Since I am the only one with access to it, it is perfectly safe and not dangerous at all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 06:55 PM   #39
diyAudio Member
 
scott17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: JFK
Everything works now. It was a reversed OT primary. I know I should have checked that first, but since one channel worked and the other didn't, I suppose I overlooked it at first. My mistake. Never trust the color code or drawing. Sorry to waste so many folks time speculating since it was such an easy fix. Thanks very much.

Here is the schematic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10GK6-PP.jpg (273.6 KB, 78 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 07:53 PM   #40
popilin is offline popilin  Argentina
diyAudio Member
 
popilin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Traslasierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott17 View Post
Everything works now. It was a reversed OT primary. I know I should have checked that first, but since one channel worked and the other didn't, I suppose I overlooked it at first. My mistake. Never trust the color code or drawing. Sorry to waste so many folks time speculating since it was such an easy fix. Thanks very much.

Here is the schematic.
Don't worry, can happen, Murphy lives...

The important thing is that you solved the problem.
__________________
I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it. - Edgar Allan Poe
He has the most who is most content with the least. - Diogenes of Sinope
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10m45s Steven123 Tubelab 10 8th May 2011 12:39 PM
Ixys 10m45s theskintman Tubelab 0 31st August 2010 12:31 PM
Ixcp 10m45s Wombat 397 Tubes / Valves 14 4th September 2009 01:09 AM
Help needed with 10M45S integration . TugaTweaker Tubes / Valves 11 9th March 2009 08:33 PM
Wtb; 10m45s Cobra2 Swap Meet 9 26th November 2008 06:17 AM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:10 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2