• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

300B Orientation so logo faces forward

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So - I've searched high and low on the interwebs, and only come up with one link that describes this, but with no solid information.

If I want the logo on the 300B tube to face towards me - how do I want to orient the socket in the amplifier?

Pics would be great if someone has them.

J

That would depend entirely upon the specific tube and the tube brand you use. There is no standard for where to print the logo or the tube number on the envelope. It may vary for a given manufacturer, and almost certainly will vary between manufacturers. Afaik.

That's the best information I have on this subject.

It may vary for a given manufacturer

I have 4 older Sovtek 300B's that vary greatly in height. There is 3/4 inch difference between the shortest to the tallest. The red logo is crooked, and randomly placed, and no longer red.

The early Shuguangs......they couldn't even SPELL the word China correctly. The tubes were "made in Chian." I have a Shuguang 211 that is an "Election Tube, made in Chian." The lablels are wherever they are, no uniformity at all. The tubes all still work though. Maybe the newer stuff is better?????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.