• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

The all DHT SET Headphone Amp

Joined 2009
Paid Member

Attachments

• 4P1L matching jig.jpg
    4P1L matching jig.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 324

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
You should probably get used to call + and - on floating power supplies. Because really, on pin 6 that is not ground, but is the negative of the 25V supply.

Make an effort and write things down clearly.

Attachments

• IMG_20130514_102045.jpg
    IMG_20130514_102045.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 312

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
Sure, but I insist that when you get help, you make an effort and do things as detailed as possible. Your picture did not include the resistor, or the power supplies properly labeled. You make it difficult for us to give you help. When someone helping you puts more effort into making a picture that only helps you, you should be worried! :)

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
I don't know what you mean, the drawing should be clear. A variable supply that you set to provide 25 volts DC. You put the negative lead to the 150k resistor and the positive lead to ground. That will under bias the tube, but then you adjust this towards 15V or so.

iko

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2008
You start with 100V, to be safe. Then increase slowly while monitoring the current, until you get to 200V, which is the target that you want the tube tested at. If you got to 200V on the plate, while you have -25V on the grid, and you measure, maybe 10mA current through the tube, you can then start adjusting the voltage on the grid, slowly, watching the current going up. When you get to the desired current, which maybe it is 20mA or so, then you write down what voltage you have on the grid. Could be -14V or could be -16V.

But if you don't have a variable high voltage supply perhaps you can start directly with +200V on the plate, and only adjust the grid voltage from -25 towards -15 while monitoring the current.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
First of all sorry for my bad English, I will try again:

I have measured the voltage across the resistance of 100 ohms with the voltages of the schematic and it measures 0V, I lowered gradually from -25V up to -0V monitoring the current and up to -6,65V the voltage across the resistance measures 0V, the maximum voltage across the resistance is 0,583V when there is applied -0V on the grid.