• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Where could I find these sockets???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All, I need two more of these sockets but don't know where to look. Any ideas? They are for the 6C33C tube.

Attachments

• 6s33s_robotR2D2-2.jpg
    6s33s_robotR2D2-2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 404
  • $(KGrHqN,!pcE-v7BsPlyBPujlLZrkg~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!pcE-v7BsPlyBPujlLZrkg~~60_3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 389
Hi All, I need two more of these sockets but don't know where to look. Any ideas? They are for the 6C33C tube.
GSTUBE was plenty of these sockets some time ago, as below:
(Seems the stock will be re-plenty ASAP the winter allow.)
http://www.gstube.com/photo/2219.jpg
2219.jpg

But they no had this fancy aluminium top cap, which is a military acessory for mobile aquip.
ALso these claw pins are not good, it present bad contact after some time.

The best pins are the collet/glove type, as in this socket below:
''GSTube.com''. Tubes, sockets etc. Search result for <u>plk7-collet</u>
4850.jpg

Yes, they are from a Mig fighter jet. I happened upon them a number of years ago and have been looking for a second pair since. They will be part of a steam punk Tim Mellow OTL someday. I am almost done with two chassis made from Bronze plate with brass riveted copper plates holding the corner together. I don't know about R2D2, but they do look like the Andriod guy.

Attachments

• android tube.jpg
    android tube.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 316
By the way, here is the stand that will hold the two chassis. I made this to hold my John Hogan line stage and 300B amp, but I sold the amps and kept the stand. The power side for the OTL will be on the bottom and the signal side will be on the top. I think the Bronze chassis will look great on the stand.

I think having all four 6C33C tubes in those Mig retainers would really set it off.

Attachments

• kkdiu.JPG
    kkdiu.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 182
Tube sockets

Hi ,
going and ask "Fair Radio Sales", an US surplus dealer. Fair Radio is located in Lima, Ohio. Fair Radio Sales Company Inc.

This Company purchase truckloads of mil. equipment from the US army, most of these equipment will be dismantled and going in parts onto the market.

Fair Radio is a good source for "special parts" which we are in need for homebrewing tube amps.

Wolfgang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.