regulated - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th January 2013, 07:01 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default regulated

not well versed in reg tubes but found a neat concept with an 0c3 but need to learn how it works. i have a realistic SAF-24D that has a plate over voltage problem that i temporarily used a stack of 10 watt resistors to calm down but are now hindering output potential and taking away from low end impact of the amp. i wish to find an appropriate value reg tube to put in line as i think it will be more efficient with current and allow for more headroom in the amp. still new at the tube thing but i have a basic understanding of how this stuff works. any comments are appreciated and thak you in advance.

Last edited by orion rob; 13th January 2013 at 07:18 PM. Reason: left out details/forgot them
Old 13th January 2013, 07:16 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

the amp runs 6BM8's for the outputs and the plate value can not exceed 390vdc but after the rectifier tube i can get swings of 410,430vdc depending on current demand from outputs. the transformer for output seam matched and cant find any failed pieces

Hide this!Advertise here!