• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

leak st 20

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, just aquired one of these privately, which has been restored by classique sounds, Id like to ask if these are happy to be run with an unventilated cover on base or would they be better with a ventilated base?
Just that I got some kids in house and don't want them sticking there pinkys anywhere where they shoudn't!!!
Also what should the tranny voltages be as in cardiff mains is around 240v and these are set at 220/230?
thanks
tom.

There will be very little through ventilation due to the lack of holes in the top plate so it won't make a huge amount of difference. However its just as easy to make a bottom cover out of punched metal sheet which will preserve the ventilation that there is.

As to mains - when I had one we tended to have high mains voltage at night and it never caused an issue for me. However there should be an adjustment plug on the mains transformer which can be set for an input voltage of 245VAC if you are concerned.

Shoog

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.