• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

New to valves & this forum.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Panic averted!!! I plugged my line level into the phono & slowly turned it up & it was very loud so I obviously never switched the input selector when I first did it by mistake. From now on I will pay more attention as I'm obviously a whole basket short of a picnic!!!!

Thanks all.

Panic averted!!! I plugged my line level into the phono & slowly turned it up & it was very loud so I obviously never switched the input selector when I first did it by mistake. From now on I will pay more attention as I'm obviously a whole basket short of a picnic!!!!

Thanks all.

Son, it isn't supposed to be plugged into the phono section as its a line level device. A whole basket short of a picnic? You may very well be:) especially if you keep up the practice of using the phono input for other than a phono. If it had been a SS preamplifier you would very well be looking at where you could take it to get it repaired.

Son, it isn't supposed to be plugged into the phono section as its a line level device. A whole basket short of a picnic? You may very well be:) especially if you keep up the practice of using the phono input for other than a phono. If it had been a SS preamplifier you would very well be looking at where you could take it to get it repaired.

I know, I know sir. The first time it was a mistake plugging it into the phono, secondly, I never actually had switched it to phono so I ended up thinking my input was broken. Without a turntable to try it with, this afternoon was just to check if it was defective or if I hadn't originally switched it over, Hence the low volume initially.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.