• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

12E1 push pull poweramp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have rewired my biggest tube amp ( until now :) )

It is a push pull amp with 12E1 powertubes driven by 6n6p.
It has a separate over the top powersupply with 300VA toroid, bridge rectifier, 500uF capacitor and split into 2 rails with 2 big 5H chokes and 100uF capacitors.

I used Hammond 1650K output transformers and nos philips coupling capacitors.
The amp can deliver more then enough power in the lower frequencies i think mainly because of the low output impedance of the tubes.

The 12E1 tubes run at around 260V A-K and 40V negative at 120mA.
They are ultra linear connected.

More info like schematics will follow...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1,089
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    305.2 KB · Views: 993
The 12E1 tubes are known for being a little stubborn , needing a good solid driver. I've designed the 6N6P into driver circuits for KT88 tubes for their drive abilities and understand your selection. I'm interested in how much feedback you needed to use with the 3.4K outputs. I've used KT88 and 6550 outputs with 4.3k with minimal feedback with success, but I've not played with the 12E1 yet... Very nice amp, I have yet to master the P-T-P wiring and make it look good.... More pics of the under body please!!!!

The 12E1 tubes are known for being a little stubborn , needing a good solid driver. I've designed the 6N6P into driver circuits for KT88 tubes for their drive abilities and understand your selection. I'm interested in how much feedback you needed to use with the 3.4K outputs. I've used KT88 and 6550 outputs with 4.3k with minimal feedback with success, but I've not played with the 12E1 yet... Very nice amp, I have yet to master the P-T-P wiring and make it look good.... More pics of the under body please!!!!

Here are a few detailed pics.

You can see I have fitted 2 terminals with lugs at each of the 6n6p tubes. One is connected to gnd, the other to V++ with a capacitor across it. Now you can solder resistors directly from the sockets to the terminals. Also note the gridstopper that is soldered directly to the tube socket for the shortest of distance to improve stability.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 894
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 867
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.