• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Sakuma's bleeder tubes and series connected transfomers

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Regarding the circuits themselves, mainly the execution and parts, they should be exuberant in tone but for modern level resolution I would not be sure. Its not that easy we experience a Sakuma device "at a dealer's near you" anyway so to really say something certain.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2011
Romy The Cat took a pilgrimage to Sakuma-san's restaurant and came away very disappointed, it's art-for-art's sake, and very little to do what the average audiophile would consider "high-fidelity" - he is chasing a certain sound in his head - not anyone else's... On the way to his audio nirvana, he tried many circuit combinations/ideas that are un-common and original, there are bound to be some good nuggets among all the rubbish...

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm with DF96 on this. The thinking that these circuits represent the discovery of some deep, unknown audio phenomena is total crap. This is the same kind of thing that sucks audiophools into spending $2000 on speaker cables, Shakti stones, and Bybee conditioners. :rolleyes:

except that these things you are mentioning - someone is selling as Mana from Heaven

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
at least he doesn't mind listening to crappy sound if he likes the music :scratch2: ... or maybe its a practical joke, and he is having a good laugh :D

It's neither, he's quite serious. He is looking to achieve his own ideal in terms of what he wants to hear. (Someone else said it best) He is widely published in Japan and I have more than a few of his indecipherable articles here at home with a lot by others.. I should also mention he is revered in those circles whether or not the end result would be anything any of us would find satisfactory. There are some interesting and odd ideas.

I pay attention if for no other reason than I am curious, there are lot of bad/stupid ideas out there, but every once in a while an interesting/solid idea crops up. Shame that none of this stuff is translated into English, it would be interesting to understand the motivations and gain insight into some of the better designs at least.

Romy The Cat took a pilgrimage to Sakuma-san's restaurant and came away very disappointed, it's art-for-art's sake, and very little to do what the average audiophile would consider "high-fidelity" - he is chasing a certain sound in his head - not anyone else's... On the way to his audio nirvana, he tried many circuit combinations/ideas that are un-common and original, there are bound to be some good nuggets among all the rubbish...

Romy the Cat is very disappointed in everything except mirrors.

John

Reactions: 1 users
Sakumas' amps are tailored to specific equipment music sound and songs Eastern philosophy doesn't strife for Western perfections but to the feeling and soul of things Sakuma is not a impressionist but is striving to be self impressed amps are audio recreation art and me and Sakuma fall under Eastern art and philosophy and it is essential to know Eastern art and philosophy in order to understand these amps for art does what art dose weather built or painted it impresses a emotion in us and art critics must know the philosophy of the art type and so on in order to draw a concrete strong conclusion to me and my ear the buffers amplify the atmospheric and warmish tones and add loudness and perfect imperfections Sakuma amps are similar to the tea drinking ceremony and broken teacup and pot fascination of the Eastern master philosophers and artists poet's such as Sakuma too they were also interested in od shape wood and stones and simple nature why I don't want to go that deep in a tube amp forum haha it might be too much already hahaha a from Hart l Luka the spirit being

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
:cop: I can't help but notice your sudden prolific posting here over the past few days, and the total lack of punctuation. Out of respect for the rest of the membership who might find you posting style as irksome as I do, I am going to insist you use punctuation. I'm trying also to decide whether or not you are in fact a troll, the signs all point that way. Clean up your act!

Don't worry my friend I am not trying to troll this great forum diyaudio for it has been a great source of knowledge for me and I am having trouble with punctuation because of a broken touch screen and my lack of knowledge in righting English I do make lots of mistakes and am working on fixing them I have read content from this site for a long time and I want to help in its content creation and have been working a lot on tube amps this week so I got over my fear of posting replies on this site in fact this is my first attempts In postsing ever and I need some help on it I Appreciate you reply and advice on my errors and will work to improve upon it thanks

"Sakuma fall under Eastern art and philosophy and it is essential to know Eastern art and philosophy in order to understand these amps for art does what art dose weather built or painted it impresses a emotion in us and art critics must know the philosophy of the art type and so on in order to draw a concrete strong conclusion to me and my ear the buffers amplify the atmospheric and warmish tones and add loudness and perfect imperfections Sakuma amps are similar to the tea drinking ceremony and broken teacup and pot fascination of the Eastern master philosophers "

Seems that some can hear effects that the rest of us cannot:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/128160-singular-experiment-unheated-tube.html

Someone should connect a cold metallic transistor up, by a wire, to a tube amp to see if it gets more harsh sounding. :)

Just think what a taught string and coffee cans could do for listening to speakers too.

KT90EI said:
art critics must know the philosophy of the art type and so on in order to draw a concrete strong conclusion
I will assume this is meant to be a sentence. Roughly translated, it says that before you can comment on garbage you first have to swallow the 'story' about the garbage. Unfortunately the real experts on garbage (garbage collectors) know garbage when they see it and sometimes remove what art critics think is an art installation.

I don't swallow the story about art. I don't swallow the story about weird Eastern audio, for the simple reason that the laws of physics are the same here and there.

Reactions: 1 user
A toilet seat does not become 'art' simply because an 'artist' says so; that is the basic fallacy at the heart of much modern 'art'.

The fact that someone may be considered a poet has no bearing whatsoever on the quality of circuit design. A circuit, like a piece of genuine art, must be considered on its own merits; who produced it is irrelevant to its quality, although not to its market price.

Reactions: 1 user