HT delay pcb... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th December 2012, 12:14 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default HT delay pcb...

So,

next: Morgan Jones describes on page 375 a useful circuit. Yes, I'm sure it's possible to build something with ne555 as well...

My question: Does anyone have a pcb for this circuit?

Other solutions are also highly appreciated, but a pcb would be very nice... I would also be interested, how other members solved muting relay and delayed HT...

Regs, Dirk
Old 18th December 2012, 12:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

If all you want is a delay I wouldn't go as far as a 555, just a simple RC and a transistor would suffice.
Old 18th December 2012, 01:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi,

I want some more comfort: 1. Delay HT, then open mute relais... I Case of power off: First mute, then HT off....

Dirk
Old 18th December 2012, 01:55 PM   #4
roline is offline roline  United States
diyAudio Member

I just use a pass tube 6CG3 diode slow start ~20 seconds, The heater power 6.3 volts is easier to switch than 500V....
Old 18th December 2012, 02:46 PM   #5
Alkis is offline Alkis  Greece
diyAudio Member

Hi Hv,
where are you going to hook up the mute relay?
Old 18th December 2012, 03:45 PM   #6
tuhkam is offline tuhkam  Estonia
diyAudio Member

Hi!
I use a transistor based B+ delay for my EL84 SE, but no mute relays. I don't miss them since the amp is like "muted" without anode power anyway. If the power comes on then the volume ramps up softly within a couple of seconds.
Old 18th December 2012, 04:43 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi,

mute relais on output. It's a preamp.

Dirk
Old 18th December 2012, 06:39 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

You could use a CL-90 which is often used in amplifiers. Connected between the 230V line and the primary of your power transformer if you have seperate ps dedicated for HT. If not, connect the CL-90 between the HT output of the transformer and the first element. Then use a 20 sec delay circuit/relay if you wish, to shortcircuit the thermistor. The resistance at this point will be bellow 1 Ohm, so no pop noise at all, just the click noise from the relay. Remember that you will have to wait at least 20 mins for successively starting-ups, but this will be not a problem. At an other point you can exchange the delay circuit with a delay relay working straight at 230v and you are done. That's what I've done in my case.

Alkis.

http://www.ge-mcs.com/download/tempe...20-325C-LR.pdf
Old 18th December 2012, 06:55 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

But again, it's a preamplifier. So why bother with delayed HT? The preamplifier starts before the end plf and shuts down after the plf is off.
Old 19th December 2012, 11:09 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Hi, CL90 ist softstart. But fast switch on/off in hot mode is bad. I wan to be sure there is no HT if there is no heater. And think: Your girlfriend may (ab)use the equipment. Mute is absolutely required not to fry your solid state poweramp input. What is "plf"

Dirk

Hide this!Advertise here!