• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

HT delay pcb...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So,

next: Morgan Jones describes on page 375 a useful circuit. Yes, I'm sure it's possible to build something with ne555 as well...

My question: Does anyone have a pcb for this circuit?

Other solutions are also highly appreciated, but a pcb would be very nice... I would also be interested, how other members solved muting relay and delayed HT...

Regs, Dirk

You could use a CL-90 which is often used in amplifiers. Connected between the 230V line and the primary of your power transformer if you have seperate ps dedicated for HT. If not, connect the CL-90 between the HT output of the transformer and the first element. Then use a 20 sec delay circuit/relay if you wish, to shortcircuit the thermistor. The resistance at this point will be bellow 1 Ohm, so no pop noise at all, just the click noise from the relay. Remember that you will have to wait at least 20 mins for successively starting-ups, but this will be not a problem. At an other point you can exchange the delay circuit with a delay relay working straight at 230v and you are done. That's what I've done in my case.

Alkis.

http://www.ge-mcs.com/download/temperature/920-325C-LR.pdf

Hi,

I think, I have a fundamentalmisunderstanding: A (quite huge) cap takes time to build up the voltage. So relay is delayed. But how can i use the diode? Forward bias would prevent the cap getting charged, reverse bias will do nothing. Can you post a schematic to clarify?

Dirk

Like this:

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 105
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.