diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   What to do with these Eimac tubes? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/225386-what-do-these-eimac-tubes.html)

ARIYAHOOR 10th December 2012 05:28 PM

What to do with these Eimac tubes?

1 Attachment(s)
I have some NOS Eimac monster (250TH) and his baby (100TH) but I don't know what to do with them. I though to submit a thread, maybe someone come up with an idea

kevinkr 10th December 2012 06:03 PM

You can build an amp with them.. Check out the GM70 listserv on Yahoo groups for inspiration.

iko 10th December 2012 06:08 PM

Well, since you don't have a pair of each, look at the price they go for on ebay what you want, to sell them and use the money to buy, say, output transformers for your other project, or buy one of each to get pairs and build an amp. However, it won't be easy to build an amp with either of them, but more so with the 250TH.

gfederys 10th December 2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARIYAHOOR (Post 3278906)
I have some NOS Eimac monster (250TH) and his baby (100TH) but I don't know what to do with them. I though to submit a thread, maybe someone come up with an idea

If you need another 100TH, I have one. Here's an SE amp with that tube.

100TH SE Amp 2003

ARIYAHOOR 10th December 2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinkr (Post 3278958)
You can build an amp with them.. Check out the GM70 listserv on Yahoo groups for inspiration.

thanks. could you gimme a link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikoflexer (Post 3278968)
Well, since you don't have a pair of each, look at the price they go for on ebay what you want, to sell them and use the money to buy, say, output transformers for your other project, or buy one of each to get pairs and build an amp. However, it won't be easy to build an amp with either of them, but more so with the 250TH.

Uh actually I got more than 10 pairs of every one of them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by gfederys (Post 3278969)
If you need another 100TH, I have one. Here's an SE amp with that tube.

100TH SE Amp 2003

thanks buddy but "right back at you" about your suggestion;):p I got more than 20 pieces of 100th and 250th. just whistle if you need one

steve516 10th December 2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARIYAHOOR (Post 3279044)

Uh actually I got more than 10 pairs of every one of them.

thanks buddy but "right back at you" about your suggestion;):p I got more than 20 pieces of 100th and 250th. just whistle if you need one

I'm also genuinely interested in building an amp with these tubes. I've been designing amps using old transmitter tubes for a couple years now and find them to be utterly fascinating. ARIYAHOOR, I sent you a PM as well.

SK

bear 10th December 2012 09:22 PM

You're overseas from North America?

I'd not ship them far, the filaments are fragile.

Best used for ham radio, imo. :D

But if ur in the USA, or North America, I'm interested... :D

_-_-bear

Bigun 11th December 2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bear (Post 3279280)
But if ur in the USA, or North America, I'm interested... :D

I would imagine that once they get shipped off they're gonna bounce around in a truck, a plane or whatever - matters not whether they are going 50 miles or 5000 miles. And in this case they would be coming from Iran.

kevinkr 11th December 2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARIYAHOOR (Post 3279044)

<snip>

I'm still not sure why people always ask me for links when this information is just a one second internet search away?? Anyway...

Go to: groups.yahoo.com and then in the search dialog type GM70, and it will send you here: Yahoo! Groups: Search Results

You have to join, to do so click "Join this group" fill out the requested information, and then you will have to wait for the group owner to approve your application which could take a few days or more.

Hopefully this resource is not blocked in your neck of the woods.

jlsem 11th December 2012 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gfederys (Post 3278969)

Wow, one hundred single-ended amps.

John