• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

OS70/1750 datasheets

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm searching for the data sheets of the Tungsram OS70/1750 tube. It's said they are equivalent with the 828 but I questioned that because filament of the OS70/1750 is rated at 7,5 Volt 2,5 Amperes (radiomeseum.org) while the 828 is rated at 10 V 3,25 A.
I searched the internet but could not find a data sheet for the Tungsram.

I promise you that you didn't see this before.
This is a page from the 1941, July issue of OZ, the Danish Magazine for Radioamateurs.
What is says about OS70/1750 is basically:

OS70/1750 is a modern universal Pentode for work as a modulator or TX tube until 4 meter (~70MHz) with a high efficiency.
2 tubes in Class AB1, Push-Pull yields 300W LF-output and by applying NFB the distortionfactor can be kept below 1%.

No curves, sorry :D

rgds,

/tri-comp

Attachments

• Tungsram.pdf
    634 KB · Views: 123
Thx Tricomp, you also answered my next question for curves. Yes I'm planning to build a PP with those tubes. I would like triode connected but no triode curves to be found. So penthode connected is what is done in the schematics I saw till now ( STC 250 watt ) but I would like to do ultra-lineair with a 43% tap. BTW 300 Watt I don't need at all.
To get back on my original question, the OS70/1750 is equivalent with the 828 only filament is 7,5 V 2,5 A. Looks like Tungsram did a better job for getting the tube into emission than the RCA peepz.
Btw put the schematic with the post. It can be found at Dennis Grimwoods site Tubes

Attachments

• STC250Aa.jpg
    STC250Aa.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 219
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.