diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Tubes / Valves (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/)
-   -   Glassware Audio Design (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/tubes-valves/225076-glassware-audio-design.html)

mantha3 5th December 2012 10:45 PM

Glassware Audio Design

Hi,

I was just going to order an Aikido ACF Octal PCB and parts from Glassware Audio Design

Akido ACF-2 Octal - ACF-2 Octal Aikido Cathode Follower Kit

I see that the ACF for both Octal and 9Pin are out of stock.

Does anyone know the vendor here? Just curious if the out of stock on stuff is common and they get stuff back in stock quick... Or if I could be in for a few months of "Out of Stock".

All I want for Christmas is an Aikido ACF Octal :hohoho:

mantha3 10th December 2012 08:37 PM

I'm not hearing any response on this...

Is the Aikido ACF not good? Does anyone know of any build thread on this?

This looks like a fun build and I'd like to build the ACF Octal and get some big old octal tubes....

Booo Hooo... ACF is not in stock :(

All I want for :hohoho::hohoho: is an ACF Santa

ErikdeBest 11th December 2012 11:36 AM

AFAIK the glassware stuff is from John Broskie. Every now and then he writes something on his blog at Tube CAD Journal regarding delays with receiving parts and PCBs for his kits, so it is well possible that some are out of stock now.

mantha3 11th December 2012 02:18 PM

What do people think of the ACF / ACF2? I run a passive pre and dig it. I have a 100 K DACT Attenuator. I run out to a set of monoblocks and I've started to run a subwoofer at times. I think the added sub could use a buffer.

I was thinking of building the ACF and running it between the Attenuator and the Amps and sub. I'd build with one set of input and 2 sets of output. maybe even build in the Attenuator Between the input and ACF

mantha3 16th January 2013 11:55 PM

I think this place went under. They have most of what they sell showing as out of stock and has been out of stock since Nov. No response to e-mails etc.

Other ways to get the PCBs?

migkiller1971 17th January 2013 01:14 AM

Has anyone received an email from hoang35? he want the schematics for my Aikido Linestage. Sorry bud Not happening!! He has absolutely no post and 1700+ visitors to his profile. Hack!

Passinwind 17th January 2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantha3 (Post 3329153)
I think this place went under. They have most of what they sell showing as out of stock and has been out of stock since Nov. No response to e-mails etc.

He (John Broskie) posted a new blog four days ago. He does sometimes mention timeframes for restocking specific items in his blogs. He has not mentioned going out of business AFAIK. My impression is that John does very limited board runs and is not in any huge hurry to restock when they run out. I am very happy with the octal linestage board I bought from him a few years ago, FWIW.

If you're not getting through in emails, you might try following these guidelines.

Best of luck!

planet10 17th January 2013 03:15 AM

Glassware is a hobby, John does have a day job....

dave

mantha3 17th January 2013 03:54 PM

Ah, Ok... Patience then.. Thanks all

CijTele52 17th January 2013 11:02 PM

I ordered Cascode Aikido PCB last month and got the boards about 2 weeks after that. So, Glassware is still active, but as mentioned earlier, the restocking may take sometime.