Psvane Replica RCA 2A3 tube - WR2A3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th December 2012, 01:55 AM   #1
mp9 is offline mp9  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Psvane Replica RCA 2A3 tube - WR2A3

Ok so at present i like the 45 over 2A3 in my Fi2A3 amp, however just came across the following RCA "replica" 2A3 tube which peaked my curiosity, of course if they do a 45 i'd have to try it. Google search came up with nothing, anyone here know anything about the Psvane WR2A3's?
2pcs New Psvane WR2A3 Vacuum Tube Matched Pair We and RCA Improved Type | eBay
Old 4th December 2012, 01:59 AM   #2
cotdt is offline cotdt  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cotdt
It looks like a replica of the original RCA 2A3.
Old 4th December 2012, 02:49 AM   #3
TheGimp is offline TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

Ouch!
Old 4th December 2012, 07:38 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

doesn't look quite like a RCA 2A3 from here, has a single rib in plate stucture visible from side, most RCA 2A3s had the opposed W "dual" plate stucture (viewed from top), apart from very early editions with rectangular plate and harp filament
Old 4th December 2012, 09:26 AM   #5
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp9 View Post
Ok so at present i like the 45 over 2A3 in my Fi2A3 amp, however just came across the following RCA "replica" 2A3 tube which peaked my curiosity, of course if they do a 45 i'd have to try it. Google search came up with nothing, anyone here know anything about the Psvane WR2A3's?
I would avoid anything that company sells. Given some of their business practices, I would question what it is they actually deliver.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:43 AM   #6
freax is offline freax  Australia
diyAudio Member

I've also been tempted to buy psvane products, they do look nice...

But Nasty things can happen with chinese tubes, internal shorts can at best take out bias resistors and at worst damage other expensive components, like your speakers if your using an OTL amp, some even come in a leaking state, and some just plain glow red and never bias properly.

If you can afford the output transformer for a 2A3 then I dont see why buying a good quality tested NOS 2A3 tube to go with it should be out of the question, or one from russia, especially considering psvane tubes are $99 whereas a tested NOS 2A3 is $20.

Is there something really that magical about RCA tubes that they need to replicate them and sell them for $438 a pair???!!!!

every few years a company starts in china claiming that their engineers worked at shugang or some such and as far as i can tell psvane have been around for about 2 years.

Last edited by freax; 4th December 2012 at 10:03 AM.
Old 4th December 2012, 09:59 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

You guys have no idea how much their WE replica 300b are going for.
Old 4th December 2012, 11:48 AM   #8
kmaier is offline kmaier  United States
diyAudio Member

Well, it doesn't look like an older RCA 2A3, I have dozens of them, both gray and black plate plus some of the original single-plate RCA-Cunningham types. It seems to be a copy of the WE300B anode structure but not enough detail to say more.

To date, I've not seen any tested NOS 2A3 tubes selling in the $20 region, far from it. In any case, I've not seen or heard anything magical about the RCA 2A3 tubes (dual-section types). Hands down I prefer the older Sylvania types with the coil spring filament tension setup or the later fishing-rod filament tension setup over any of the RCAs. The build quality and robustness of the Sylvanias are much better.

Regards, KM
Old 4th December 2012, 12:28 PM   #9
TheGimp is offline TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

I agree the plate looks like a 300B rather than the 2A3 plate. This is probably why they refer to it as an "Improved 2A3" rather than a 100% copy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Psvane.JPG (37.4 KB, 901 views)
Old 4th December 2012, 02:43 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

That advertisement is nothing more than marketing glitz: those tubes are nothing like a RCA 2A3. If you want a super 2A3 with a 300B plate you should consider the JJ 2A3-40 for a $200 savings over the Chinese. I have been using these for about 6 months and am very pleased. They work great at 300V @ 65mA.

Hide this!Advertise here!