Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2013, 11:08 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45 View Post
Another option could be the KR 2A3 but I don't know this one at all. I think the pair will cost something around $400-450....
Do you prefer them above EML? I can buy them much cheaper ( KR ) as EML,
a friend of mine is importer of KR tubes...
But i read mixed reviews of them....
Old 17th July 2013, 02:34 PM   #32
oyegral is offline oyegral  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Some first hand experiences with 2A3's

First of all, please allow me to put my cards on the table, i co-own AA-Acoustics.com and we are the only re-seller of Psvane valves here in the UK since 2011, we also sell TJ Full Music products and have been selling those since 2004.
I use a pair of Consonance Cyber 2A3 PSE monoblocks daily in my main system with a Modwright LS100 pre-amp.
These amps were supplied with Shuguang 2A3C that are pretty good and a step up from the Sovtek staple diet that are better than the more expensive EH Gold version [IMHO] , the next contender were the Psvane "HiFi Series" 2A3 and much smaller physically than the Shugs had better all round tone to my ears and if price is a limiting factor these would be the first choice for many, next up were the TJ meshplates [Globe version-preferred to the bottle shape as less sibilant], these are great tubes but in my system are a bit too bright and bass light, but the midrange is simply superb!, next up were the Shuguang "Treasure Series", after quite a lengthy burn in these went straight to the top of the list, similar midband to the TJ but much fuller sounding especially in the bass, i used these for about two years before the Psvane "T Series" were released so they were put in for the burn in, this takes some 300 hours and i needed an A-B comparison with the Treasures after it, but the Psvanes were the icing on the cake for me, they seemed to do everything that the Treasure did but slightly more incisively and i forgot about the hifi and just listened to the music, for the past 2 months i've been listening to the Psvane WR2A3 replica's, these sound more like a 2.5v 300B to my ears and are allegedly a hybrid design of the RCA2A3 and WE 300B, i do have several vintage 2A3's from RCA/Sylvania/Raytheon and these don't look like any of them, i cant help but feel that the factory have missed a golden opportunity to recreate the classic Cunningham monoplate here, these are probably very system and taste dependant, but for my ears the vote goes to the Psvane T's, i have not tried the JJ's or the KR's, but the Psvane T 211 bettered the KR 211 in a 211 shootout with a few pairs of ears present.
Yesterday i put in a pair of TJ solid plate 274B [Globe version] rectifiers in and so far they eclipse the Psvane hifi version and the "Potato Masher" 5R4WGB, but early days yet!
Just to clear up any confusion about Chinese manufacturers, there are only 2 in existence, TJ Full Music in Tianjin [hence TJ], they also manufacture the Sophia brand, and Shuguang in south China, this company also control the old Guiguang factory that are responsible for the Psvane range and are made on different machinery from the main factory, we also buy the "Treasure Series" from them directly into the UK , there does seem to be quite a lot of confusion mostly brought about by conflicting grammar used on various websites about Chinese valves, but i have found them to be pretty reliable, unlike some European and Russian offerings, but there is no such thing as a 100% reliable production no matter how much care is taken in production, anything i can help with, please ask.Ian
Old 21st July 2013, 02:24 PM   #33
aliwang is offline aliwang  Hong Kong
diyAudio Member

I got the offical introduction about Psvane WR2A3, WR2A3 introduction

Indeed not cheap!

Hide this!Advertise here!