• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Tube/SS opamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I decided I need an opamp for large voltage swings. I mean, why not? It's not really ideal as an opamp should, too low open loop gain, but it seems to work.
(I know, 200v too high for 6922s...well, I've got a whole bunch, besides, I'll probably settle for +-175v rails).

Comments?

Attachments

• 6922OPAMP.jpg
    6922OPAMP.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 116
I can play around all day..Here several outputs. Can be referenced to gnd or anywhere else. Can add more, but for each stage the dist goes a little up. Helping base currents with an additional PNP should help.

Attachments

• 6922OPAMP_diffpolyout.jpg
    6922OPAMP_diffpolyout.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 37
Sorry guys. I've posted my mirror loaded tubes before and should know by now they are not very interesting. But I cannot quite understand why, they really do sound good. Does the mirror have some kind of 'bad rep' in the audio society?

Anyways, if you need large output swings, referenced to gnd or some other fixed voltage, these are pretty good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.