single ended transformer driving 32ohm speaker - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2012, 11:04 PM   #1
ba3jar is offline ba3jar  England
diyAudio Member

Default single ended transformer driving 32ohm speaker

Hi
where can i find a company that make a custom transformer for tube amps , a single ended 50watt that drives a 32ohm speaker?

thank you
Old 21st November 2012, 12:41 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
I have no idea about Europe, but in USA you can order them here:
EDCOR
Old 21st November 2012, 12:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

you can try Lundahl : Lundahl Transformers - Tube Amplification Output Transformers
If you check out the configuration for each given example, it must be possible to rewire for 32 ohm iso 16 ohm.
Or contact them for a solution....
Old 21st November 2012, 10:02 AM   #4
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

If you have plenty of money you could ask Sowter.
Old 21st November 2012, 11:29 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi!

Those impedance numbers are no hard specs. Not for the transformer and especially not for the speaker. You might be very well off with a suitable transformer with a secondary for 16 Ohm speakers.

Best regards

Thomas
Old 21st November 2012, 11:35 AM   #6
tyor is offline tyor  Norway
diyAudio Member

A old tube guru told me that i only have to look at the relationship between the primary and secondary.

A trafor that is used for 1k pri 16ohm sek will give 2k pri if conectet to a 32ohm speaker.
Old 21st November 2012, 11:46 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi Tyor,

also the primary inductance should be considered. If the primary inductance of your example is high enough to give the desired low frequency corner when used as 2k load, then it is ok.

Thomas
Old 27th November 2012, 09:29 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

i sent emails to some companies which make transformers yet no one send me a reply , but while i was searching i came a cross to Hammond single ended Transformer the 125GSE which gives a 25watt 32ohm at 10kohm (the primary is in range between 2.5k to 10k) , my question is , if i make dual output transformers amp that each transformer has a single 6l6 up to 20watt and the output of 16ohm on each transformer connected in series whats that going to effect on the power of two 6l6 that present a 40watt total?
the link below is for the schematic of the transformer:
Hammond Mfg. - Universal - Single Ended - Tube Output Transformers - (125 Series)
Old 27th November 2012, 09:40 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Hello!
I can wind any SET OPT transformer you could dream of. If you would prefer something trully exotic, there is a quad of top quality iron pieces in double c core configuration, suitable for your app. This is my last set of cores (0.1mm ribbon thickness) and it will be several months before my next order. If interested, send me a PM.
Regards,
Peter
Old 28th November 2012, 12:58 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petavgeris View Post
Hello!
I can wind any SET OPT transformer you could dream of. If you would prefer something trully exotic, there is a quad of top quality iron pieces in double c core configuration, suitable for your app. This is my last set of cores (0.1mm ribbon thickness) and it will be several months before my next order. If interested, send me a PM.
Regards,
Peter
thanx , what i'm looking for is that the transformer has a 50 watt and above 0.2 a current , the idea is to have three 6l6 in parallel 300v on plate primary of the transformer 6000 ohm to produce 15 watt , so you have 3 6l6 that give you 45 watt total but the current total will be if i'm not wrong 0.15a , and two output of 32 ohm at 6000 ohm pri , and 16ohm at 6000 ohm pri , can you wind that?

Hide this!Advertise here!